LUSHFREAK

Tuesday 22 January 2013

My steamy session with the Tea Tree Toner Tab!

This week my skin has NOT been behaving itself, Just when I thought the battle with my spots had been won and my skin was starting to behave as it should. After using aqua marina for a couple of weeks, and having a mild stinging sensation every time, I assumed that was the cleanser just working it's magic and pulling all the unwanted dirt out from my pores, but it turns out it was reacting to the calamine, so my skin has broken out really badly, so I will not be trying fresh farmacy as I understand that contains quite a bit. So my skin was feeling really sore and sensitive, it was breaking out, I didn't know what to do as whatever I put on burnt my face. So I thought about steaming it, because that's not using any harsh ingredients at all, just releasing the blackheads and controlling oil, So i went on an emergency trip to lush, and bought the cheapest of their steamers, which happened to be the tea tree toner tab. It cost me £1, which seems reasonable I suppose? As they recommend bottling up the water and reusing it within a week, it does seem moderately priced.  I am yet to use the Dream Steam, which costs £2.50 for a little tab. So I bought one of the tea tree circles and walked home, eager to see if this would calm down my Irritable, Problematic skin.
       So this little tab is around the size of a £2 coin, with the depth of a lip balm pot, so big enough, and the colour is light green/white, the smell isn't too obvious. It has a 'T' in the centre of the product. When I got round to using it, I boiled the kettle and put the boiling water into a big glass bowl, when dropped into the water it fizzed and bubbled, and was completely instant, which I was so impressed with, and the water turned a subtle emerald green colour. The smell of tea tree suddenly dispersed around the whole room, and the scent was fresh and aromatic. I put my head under and got down to some steaming business, until it wasn't hot enough to generate any more steam.
      I tested the sensitivity of my skin after I had finished steaming, and it felt as though it had departed, so I put on the mask of Magnaminty (Review coming later his week) and my skin felt better than it had in weeks, It was no longer sensitive, it had relieved my face of the patchiness, with oily and dry parts, (much more than it normally is with my combination skin). So I would definitely recommend if your skin is misbehaving, and is feeling very sensitive and you aren't sure quite what to do with it, go and check it out here: https://www.lush.co.uk/product/402/Tea-Tree-Toner-Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment